How to Use This Blog

A Wayfarer is a person who is traveling through......life, a particular place, a circumstance, a stage of life, etc. Let's walk the road of adoption together. The journey is so much better with company!
---------------------------------
Much of this information is useful for any adoption, but this blog is designed to be a
RESOURCE BLOG for ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION.
I hope this blog will be helpful to you in your adoption whether you are considering, waiting or home. I started this blog when we were adopting and found there was next to nothing on the web in any orderly manner. I set about to collect information for myself and then for others. Now, there are more sites for resources, but still not much that brings it all together. I hope this blog will serve as a sort of clearing house for Ethiopian Adoption Information. Please feel free to contribute your knowledge through commenting.
---------------------------
You can search by topic in three ways. 1. Go to the "key word" tabs on top and open pages of links in those topics. 2. Use the "labels list" in the side bar or 3. use the "search bar" above the labels list. You can also browse the blog by month and year in the Posts section or in any of the above as well. The sidebar links are to sites outside of this blog. While I feel they provide good information, I can not vouch for each site with an approval rating. Use your own discernment for each. If you have more to add to the topic, please add it in the comment section of that page or post.
----------------------------------
And, please link to The Wayfarer Adoption Blog by putting my button on
your blog so others can use this resource too. Please link to this blog when ever you can and whenever you re-post things (or images) you have found here. Thanks!
The solid tabs are links to my other blogs for books and family. Check them out if you are interested.
Welcome to the journey!

Monday, March 8, 2010

funny things kids say

What I want to be when I grow up:
K and N
After the olympics they are set on being hockey players. That is one cool sport in their eyes.

In general K has stuck to his idea of being a dad, first and foremost. He even sticks to the 9 kids he expects to have. The other day he wondered if people can have 100. He learned to count to 100 recently and that is a very big number. I said, it is possible, but not likely to have 100 kids. He said, well that is good. I will do that. Another time he brought this up again. He got very serious and said "Mama, If I go to get my kids and I get 9 and there is one left without a family, I will have to take him too, then there will be 10." He has, since then, mentioned several times, that he is going to get lots of kids who don't have families and that is how he will have kids, he always ends whatever his comment is with, "that is a good thing, everyone should have a family."  I am glad he likes his family. We sure do like him.

P said that they will both do that, maybe they will be missionaries together and take care of lots of kids. What sweet and loving hearts they have. I can see this fitting into P's life someday. Compassion.

After Dinosaur Train the boys want to be Paleontologists. :) Dinosaurs are cool. O is set on archeology and has been for several years now. I can totally see that one. Maybe playing some upright bass on the side somewhere... who knows. She is really starting to bond with that instrument.

They boys had to fill out a little Star of the Week poster for school. One of the questions was what do you want to be when you grow up? Keds said right away, Spiderman. When I asked him about that later he said this, "What? That is not real, it is just someone's idea they drew. I want to have 9 kids and drive a big truck."
 N did not really get the question. He said, what is that? I gave him examples: Doctor, nurse, teacher, work with people and programs like Daddy, pastor, write books, computer, sell things. He said, "OH! I know, I know! I want to be a...............um..............guitar. No, the guy who plays the guitar." oh a musician, play music in a band. "No Mama, the guy at church who plays the guitar and sings and teaches the people new songs." oh, a worship pastor? "Yes, that is what I want to be when I grow up!" Well ok then. Great goal. So that is what we wrote on there.  Cool.


You know some days the boys want to be firefighters, race car drivers, etc.... but it always comes back to driving that big truck for both of them and being a dad of 9 kids for K. P is thinking about that. Missionary, teacher, etc? Whatever it is, it will be with people and helping. Honestly, Jr. Hi starts next year and she is really thinking about that! O -well, I hope she has the stamina to go through with it, she would love it, but it is a hard road academically, Anthropology. Yep, I will help her get there all I can. She would love it.

For now, let's just be the best "me" I can be and grow as God is leading. He does know best after all. If they can learn to trust that now, the future will be a snap! And that is my job -what I grew up to be- a mom, leading my children to believe God and trust him with their lives. That is a good job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sponsor a Child

Disclaimer

The content on The Wayfarer:Ethiopian Adoption Resource Blog is for informational purposes only. We are adoptive parents, but we are not professionals. The opinions and suggestions expressed here are not intended to replace professional evaluation or therapy, or to supersede your agency. We assume no responsibility in the decisions that families make for their children and families. There are many links on this blog. We believe these other sites have valuable information, but we do not necessarily share all of the opinions or positions represented by each site, nor have we fully researched every aspect of each link. Please keep this in mind when visiting the links from this page.
Thank You.

A Links Disclaimer

I post a lot of links. I do so because I feel that the particular page has good information and much to offer. I do not necessarily support all that each site has to say or promote. I trust you to sift the links for information you feel is worthwhile to you. Each person's story and situation are unique and different things will be useful or not useful to each one in different ways. Please use your own discretion when accessing links and information.